Council proposes to make changes to its Rates Remission Policy. Amendments are highlighted in yellow and include;
1. Make the Chief Financial Officer responsible for managing the Rates Remission Policy (instead of the Corporate Services Manager)
2. Include a clause to allow for the reduction of 'water by meter' rates in certain circumstances
3. Include a clause to allow additional flexibility for Council to cancel rates penalties in certain circumstances
4. Remove text in clause 4 relating to remission on adjoining properties, as this is already a statutory adjustment that must be made
5. Add an additional clause to allow Council to provide temporary relief where there is a substantial change to the rates payable due to a change in policy or other change.
What happens next
Your feedback will be considered by Council and a decision will be made to adopt the proposed amendments to the policy in June 2019.